How Do i Skip Waitlist on United?
United is deemed to be the utmost airline in the United States. While selecting this airline as a travel companion, you can get the pre-flight benefit of class upgrades. And there is a waitlist for upgrades according to the prescribed sequences, which gets cleared in compliance with that. Further, you can also skip the waitlist on United and the modes that are raised underneath.
You can have a skip waitlist option at the time of buying the flight ticket. And the clue for getting this option is displayed at the bottom.
- Get to the official website of United Airlines and log into the account
- And then, click on the book icon and choose the advanced search icon
- Now, fill out your flight details and choose the MileagePlus Upgrade Award icon
- Further, select your flight, the upgrade waitlist fare, and click on the next icon
- On the next tab, click on the skip waitlist label and add extra in a flight.
- Afterward, use a method to make a payment and click on the finish icon.
When you have booked a flight, an upgrade is also possible, and the ways for that are demonstrated beneath.
- Open the official website of United Airlines and sign in to your account.
- And then, click on my trip options.
- Now, enter your confirmation number with your last name.
- After that, click on the upgrade icon.
- There, select the waitlist icon, but it is available for the eligible flight.
How does United Airlines waitlist work?
When you request an upgrade on United Airlines, a waitlist is created to carry out the procedures. Further, those waitlist get cleared based on order, and the information about that is as follows:-
- When an upgrade is available, a premier status passenger gets first preference accompanied by United MileagePlus Cardholder, United Corporate, and lastly, according to the reservation dates.
- An award ticket, discounted fare, or basic economy ticket might not be eligible to make an upgrade request.
- When you make a request for the upgrade, then miles are deducted from the account. If the upgrade is not confirmed, a refund could be credited back after the completion of the journey.
- You appeal the request online or by calling customer service 24 hours before flight departure.
- You can skip the waitlist before 30 days of flight departure, and this option is available on some selected international flights.
- Once the requirement is completed, you may not seek any refund and transfer that to a new flight.
How do I know if I can upgrade waitlist United?
Upgrades on United Airlines are not offered for every flight and ticket type. If you want to know about the eligibility, then you can contact United Airlines Customer service by giving them a ring. So the phone number is 1-800-864-8331, and then choose your preferred language first. Later on, you get to select an option from the IVR menu, such as this:-
- Tap1 to know about MileagePlus
- Tap4 to make an upgrade
- Tap6 for the refund
- Tap0 to speak with the customer service
Disclaimer: Flieves is an independent online travel portal with no third-party association. We are working as a travel company offering the best deal on a flight to our customers. If anyone has any problem regarding the company trademark, logo, or name, they can contact us through our ‘’Contact Us’’ page available on the website. The Logo and trademarks is just for the advertisement purpose we don't own it.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *