How many days before a United flight can you change the date?
United Airlines lets passengers change the date on their flight tickets. But how many days before a United flight can you change the date when there is a change in your traveling plans? You can change your flight date with United Airlines when at least 24 hours are left for the flight departure. When the time left for flight departure is less than 24 hours, you cannot change your United flight.
What is United Airlines' Flight Change Policy?
You can change your United flight based on the following terms and conditions under United Airlines' flight change policy and apply to the passengers.
- You can make changes to your flight ticket within 24 hours of booking a flight ticket without penalty. This policy is applicable only when the time left for the flight departure is a week or more than a week.
- Passengers can only make one change to their flight ticket. If you change your flight date, you can not make other changes in categories such as name, destination change, etc.
- After the 24-hour window to make changes to a United flight, any change you make to United will apply a penalty. The charges of this penalty will depend on the time left for flight departure, cabin, and distance of the flight.
- According to United Airlines change policy, not all flights are subject to change. Some cabins, such as basic economy, do not allow any change on the ticket.
How to Change the Flight Date on your United Airlines Ticket?
Passengers can change the flight date swiftly with United Airlines. Follow the steps given below to change your flight date:
- Navigate through the website of United, www.united.com.
- Go to the My Trips option.
- In the Manage my trip, click on My Trip.
- A new web page will open, giving you access to the Find a trip category.
- Enter the confirmation number of your flight and the passenger's last name.
- Click on Search.
- Your trip details with your flight ticket will appear on your screen.
- Look for the Modify option.
- Click on Change date.
- Select a new date from the drop-up calendar present on your website and click on Confirm to confirm the changes.
- If the change charges apply, you can pay the fee digitally. You can choose any medium to pay for the flight change charges.
- United Airlines will send you a new ticket digitally on your email id after completing the process successfully.
- You can take help from the customer service of United Airlines at any moment you feel the need for it.
Can I Change My United Flight for The Free Basic Economy?
While traveling with United, you can not change your basic economy flights once you complete the booking process. But, if you have added United economy benefits to your ticket, you can make changes without charges on your flight. The passengers can cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking if the time left for the flight departure is more than a week. So if you want to change your flight ticket and want to know: can I change my United flight for free basic economy, then the answer is no unless you have added economy benefits while purchasing the ticket.
Disclaimer: Flieves is an independent online travel portal with no third-party association. We are working as a travel company offering the best deal on a flight to our customers. If anyone has any problem regarding the company trademark, logo, or name, they can contact us through our ‘’Contact Us’’ page available on the website. The Logo and trademarks is just for the advertisement purpose we don't own it.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *