How To Cancel Your KLM Flights and Extra Options?
If the passenger wants to cancel their flight for some reason at your home and you don't know about the cancelation. For this, the passengers can use my trip option, and you can use the contact number of KLM flights.
Ways to Cancel your KLM flight
- Cancel your flight by using the online method.
To cancel the flight by online method, you must follow the process. Here are some steps:
- Open the official website of KLM.
- Click on my trip option.
- Enter your six-digit booking code and fill out the required details.
- You can see your booking and must click on the cancel option.
- When passengers cancel their flight after 24 hours of booking, they must pay the cancelation charges.
- For payment, you can use a debit or a credit card or other online apps for the transactions.
- KLM will send you a confirmation on your registered email or text message.
- Cancel your flight by using the contact number of KLM.
You can cancel your flight by contacting KLM. You can dial this number- 1800 419 3044. When you dial this number, you must hear the IVR commands carefully. After that, you will reach out to the representative, and you can ask them for a cancelation. The team will cancel your flight, and you will receive a confirmation on your registered email and text.
Can I cancel the KLM flight and get a refund?
Yes, you can cancel the KLM flight, and you will get a refund on some terms and conditions:
- You will get a refund if you cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours.
- If you cancel your refundable ticket, you will get a refund from KLM.
- If you cancel your flight ticket due to a serious illness at home, you will get a refund from KLM.
- If KLM cancels the flight, you will get a refund.
KLM Cancellation Policy
- Passengers can cancel their flight ticket, whether they have a refundable or non-refundable ticket, within 24 hours of booking.
- If you cancel your KLM flight within 3 hours of departure, you will not get a refund from the airline and must pay the charges.
- If the airline cancels the flight, you don't have to pay the charges, and the KLM team will provide you with a refund.
- If the passenger cancels the unused portion of the flight ticket, you don't have to pay the cancelation charges.
- If you cancel the flight due to a medical emergency at home, you don't have to pay the cancelation charges.
- You must pay KLM airline's cancelation charges if you cancel the award ticket.
- Suppose you have a flex ticket in economy class; you can cancel the flight ticket and don't have to pay the charges.
- If you want to avoid the cancelation charges, please cancel your flight ticket within 40 to 60 days of departure.
- If the passenger purchases the flight ticket during covid-19, you can cancel the ticket and have to pay the cancelation charges.
- If the passenger cancels your non-refundable ticket, they must pay the cancelation charges.
- If the passenger is a member of KLM airline, they can cancel the flight ticket.
What is 24 Hours Cancellation policy?
According to 24 Hours cancelation policy, you can cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours, and you will get a full refund.
What are the cancelation Charges for the KLM flight?
You must pay the charges if you cancel your flight after 24 hours. The charges for the KLM flight are $150 to $ 450. You can cancel your flight within 40 to 60 days to avoid the cancelation charges.
How do I Contact KLM for a Refund?
When a person cancels their reservation with KLM Airlines, it is necessary to apply for a refund in order to receive the paid amount for the flight ticket. The person can apply for a refund on the website or directly reach out to a concerned person after canceling the flight. Here the necessary guidelines for applying for a refund are given.
Procedure to Apply for KLM refund online:
- Head to the KLM web page in the browser,
- Next, go to the “All Contact options” section,
- There, pick the Refunds tab,
- Choose the suitable option on the page,
- And you will receive the required form on the website,
- Add the ticket reference number and name,
- Attach the mentioned files and tab submit,
- Your refund application will be sent to KLM Airlines.
Procedure to Apply for KLM refund offline:
- First ring a call at KLM Airlines: 800-618-0104,
- Next, you need to wait till an official joins the call,
- After that, make your refund request by sharing the reference number of your canceled flight,
- The official will take the mandatory information from you,
- And your refund request at KLM will be submitted by the connected official.
Before following the procedure of refund claim, you may like to consider reading the KLM refund policy to know better about the eligibility of your refund. There are certain cases for which KLM provides a full refund; otherwise, a partial refund will be given to the people. Here the required policies are mentioned.
KLM Refund Policies:
- Full refunds are permitted for those people who cancel the KLM ticket within 24 hours of the booking.
- If a person made the booking on KLM and canceled it after spending 24 hours, then the applicable taxes and service fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
- A refundable KLM flight ticket will only be applied to receive the refund in the same platform of payment,
- The KLM refund for a non-refundable flight ticket will be shared as credit points or a travel voucher.
- The refund claim can be submitted to KLM within 30 days of the boarding date of the canceled flight.
- A flight booking with a specific airline deal neither be canceled nor refunded.
Does KLM Pay Compensation?
Yes, KLM does provide compensation to eligible passengers. Though there are certain conditions for which the compensation is provided by the airlines, and those are mentioned below:
If the KLM flight has been canceled due to any reason and no alternate flight is allotted, then you will receive compensation for the flight.
If there is a delay in the boarding time of the KLM flight of more than 3 hours, then also compensation will be given to the flight ticket holders.
On damaged, delayed, or lost baggage, KLM compensates the passengers.
What is the maximum compensation for KLM?
A person can obtain a maximum of €600 as compensation from KLM Airlines. The compensation amount will be determined based on the fare type and the flight’s destination.
How long does a KLM compensation claim take?
KLM Airlines takes a maximum of 72 days to process the compensation claim. So, after requesting compensation from the airlines, you can expect the transfer of the eligible amount within 2-3 months.
Disclaimer: Flieves is an independent online travel portal with no third-party association. We are working as a travel company offering the best deal on a flight to our customers. If anyone has any problem regarding the company trademark, logo, or name, they can contact us through our ‘’Contact Us’’ page available on the website. The Logo and trademarks is just for the advertisement purpose we don't own it.