What is the Cancellation Policy for Southwest Airlines?
An airline policy is their way of dealing with different issues. While traveling with Southwest Airlines, you will get several facilities. If somehow you are unable to travel, then you can cancel your flight, but before canceling, you should read the cancelation policy, which is given below:
- If the passenger cancels the flight within 24 hours of purchasing the Southwest Airlines ticket, they will get a full refund.
- If the passenger cancels the flight after 24 hours of purchasing the ticket, then some fine known as a cancellation fine will apply, which will be reduced from your refund.
- Due to any technical issue, if the airline cancels your flight, you can claim a full refund.
- You can easily cancel your flight up to 10 minutes before the flight departure.
- If you have to cancel your flight due to any medical emergency, you can claim a full refund but have to provide the necessary documents as proof.
How late can you cancel your Southwest flight?
If your plans have changed at the last moment or for any reason, you have to cancel your ticket, and then there is no need to worry as you can cancel your flight up to 10 minutes before flight departure and claim a refund. However, the later you cancel your flight, the more fine will be applied.
Different Ways Cancel Your flight with Southwest Airlines
Passengers looking for a way to cancel their flight for any reason can cancel it without worry. There are two fastest ways to cancel your ticket immediately through the website or by calling the airline. Read the below instructions to know the process:
Via Website/Mobile app - You can cancel your flight anytime through the airline website with the help of a mobile and internet connection. To cancel your flight through the website, follow the given instructions:
- Go to your web browser and open the official website of Southwest Airlines, “https://www.southwest.com/” or the mobile app.
- Tap on the “Change/Cancel” option from the homepage.
- Type the “Confirmation Number,” your “First name,” and “Last name.”
- Select if you want to change or cancel your flight.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions to cancel your flight.
- Then you will receive a message on your registered email regarding your ticket cancellation.
Via Phone call - You can also contact the airline on their customer service number, and the representative will help you cancel your ticket. Use the below steps to talk with the customer service representative:
- Call the airline customer support number (1-800-435-9792) from your mobile phone.
- Choose the language of your choice.
- Select the preferred service from the IVR menu
- Press 1 to know the flight status
- Press 2 to book a ticket
- Press 3 to check the status of your refund
- Press 4 to cancel your flight
- Press 5 to register any grievances
- Press # to speak with a customer support executive
After that, wait a few minutes, and your call will get to the executive.
Explain your situation, and the customer service executive will help cancel your ticket.
How Much does It Cost to Cancel a Flight on Southwest Airlines?
Due to some particular reasons, you want to cancel your Southwest Airlines flight ticket. However, before going to cancel it, you are reading or going through the Southwest cancellation policy to know How much does it cost to cancel a flight on Southwest Airlines? So, as per the policy, you can cancel your flight free of cost or without providing any additional fee to the airline. Therefore, there are some conditions or things to cancel a flight by paying or not paying any fare to the airlines.
- Passengers don’t need to pay the cancellation charges to Southwest Airlines when they cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking.
- Also, the policy allows you to don’t need to pay any cancellation fees when you revoke your flight before 10 minutes of flying the flight.
- The policy allows you to cancel tickets easily at zero cost.
- Also, on canceling the ticket, you will get a relevant refund from Southwest Airlines at the wants to gate away that you can use it an upcoming flight.
Does Southwest Let you Cancel Within 24 Hours?
Moreover, if you are searching for Does Southwest let you cancel within 24 hours? According to the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy, you can easily cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours of booking to 10 minutes before departing. Also, the airline didn’t take any cost from you. Therefore, for cancellation within 24 hours, the airline provides its total refund to you in the form of cash form, cheque, E voucher. Thus, you can use it for an upcoming flight booking or anything else.
How do I Get a Refund From Southwest Airlines?
If you have to cancel your flight and want a refund from the airline, you can speak with the airline representative on a phone call or use the online method. When you apply for a refund, you should know the terms and conditions of the airline. To know more details about your refund, you must visit the airline’s official website or read the information.
Terms and Conditions to get a refund from Southwest Airlines.
- Passengers can apply for a refund within 24 hours of the cancellation, weather they have a refundable or non-refundable flight ticket.
- If the airline cancels the flight, you are entitled to a full refund from the airline.
- Passengers can cancel their unused portion of the flight ticket and get a refund from the airline.
- If the traveler cancels their flight within 1-hour departure, they will not get a refund from them.
- The traveler will get a refund if they have a refundable flight ticket.
- If the traveler has a non-refundable ticket, they will get a refund if there is a medical emergency or death at home.
- You are entitled to a full refund if your travel plan gets disrupted due to Covid-19.
- Ask the representative for a refund if you booked from the airline website.
- You would get a refund within 7-10 days if you made the payment online.
- You would get a refund within 10-20 days if you made payment via cash or cheque.
- If your case is complicated, you will get a refund from the representative within a month.
- If the passenger cancels their international flight within 48 hours, they will get a refund from the airline as quickly as possible.
Apply For a Refund Online.
If you wish to apply for a refund for your canceled flight, you can use the online method. It is the easiest method to apply for a refund. You have to fill out the refund form, and you will get a refund on your payment mode as quickly as possible. Follow the instructions to know more about it:
- Go to the official website of Southwest airlines.
- Click on the flight option.
- Under the flight option, you must click on the manage booking option.
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- Go to the refund option.
- Enter the required details and click on the submit option.
- You will receive a tracking link from the airline on your registered email id and text.
Does Southwest have a 24-hour refund policy?
Yes, Southwest has a 24-hour refund policy. In this policy, you can cancel your flight within 24 hours and get a refund from the airline representative according to your payment mode. If you cancel your flight after 24 hours, you will not get a refund from the airline representative.
How do I contact Southwest for a refund?
To contact Southwest for a refund, you must dial this official contact number of the airline; 1-800-435-9792. Follow the IVR steps and press the command according to the query. Wait for a few seconds and connect with the representative on the call. Ask the representative for a refund, and they will place your request immediately. You will receive a confirmation in the email.
After reading the above information, you must know about the cancellation policy and the process to cancel your flight. However, if you still need help, you can contact customer service, and they will assist you.
- Is there free cancellation on Southwest flights?
- Is anytime on Southwest refundable?
- Can I get my money back if I cancel my flight?
- Will Southwest charge me if I miss my flight?
- What's the difference between Southwest Anytime and Wanna Get Away?
- How many hours before a flight can you cancel?
Disclaimer: Flieves is an independent online travel portal with no third-party association. We are working as a travel company offering the best deal on a flight to our customers. If anyone has any problem regarding the company trademark, logo, or name, they can contact us through our ‘’Contact Us’’ page available on the website. The Logo and trademarks is just for the advertisement purpose we don't own it.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *