How to Cancel United Airlines Flight Online?
Travelers' trip plans have changed, and they must cancel their flights. United Airlines allows you to call off the flight online. After paying the fee as mentioned in the United Airlines Cancellation Policy, passengers can drop the flight by following the steps shared below:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the My Trip option.
- Enter the details like confirmation ticket and last name.
- Select the search button.
- Hit the Cancel flight option.
- After clicking, fill out the refund form.
- To confirm the submit button.
Once the flight is canceled, you can check the registered mail id. Now, you can call off your ticket anytime due to the online process.
How much Does It Cost to Cancel a Flight with United Airlines?
The cancelation fee depends on the ticket type and fare. In the case of non-refundable flights, passengers have shared the travel voucher that can be used to book a ticket within one year. For refundable tickets, passengers have to bear the cost of around $ 100- $ 200, depending on the destination, date, and fare. So, the payment will be transferred to your bank after the fee deduction.
Can I cancel a United Flight in Less than 24 Hours?
Passengers call off their flight within 24 hours after making the reservation. You don’t have to pay the cost when the flight schedule is more than seven days.
Check the United Airlines Cancellation Policy before requesting to drop your flight:
- All tickets, including the basic economy, are allowed to call off the ticket for a full refund if the ticket is called off within 24 hours and scheduled after 7 days.
- After 24 hours, passengers can’t get the refund amount if they cancel the basic economy ticket.
- In the case of a non-refundable ticket, passengers will not be refunded any cash but a travel credit. But the Basic economy isn’t eligible for the credit.
- You will be shared the amount if the flight is booked directly through the airline. It can be online or customer support. Suppose a reservation is made via a travel agency, the cancelation fee may vary. Before making the reservation, check the travel agency's policies.
- Flights can’t be canceled after check-in. You will not be shared a refund and will be treated as a No-show.
In case you have any trouble that is bothering you, contact the United customer number to seek help.
Does United give you a refund?
Generally, the refund is processed within seven working days if payment is made using the Credit card. It can take around 20 business days when another mode of payment is used.
How Do I Contact United Airlines for Refund?
Passengers can fill out the refund form at the time of canceling their ticket. However, you can contact customer support if having any queries related to the refund. Dial the United Airlines phone number 1 (800) 864-8331, and the helpline is accessible throughout the day. To connect, you have to choose the language and press the button to select the suitable IVR option. For more information, visit the website.
Disclaimer: Flieves is an independent online travel portal with no third-party association. We are working as a travel company offering the best deal on a flight to our customers. If anyone has any problem regarding the company trademark, logo, or name, they can contact us through our ‘’Contact Us’’ page available on the website. The Logo and trademarks is just for the advertisement purpose we don't own it.