How to Cancel Air Canada Flight Ticket?
Air Canada has an easy flight cancellation process to cancel your flight. You can refer to the following modes to cancel your flight with them.
To cancel your flight ticket online, you have to visit their website. You can take the following steps in this mode to cancel your flight:
- Navigate through the website of Air Canada, www.aircanada.com.
- Go to the Manage my bookings section.
- Please enter the booking reference and last name of the passenger to get the flight details.
- Once you get the flight details, look for the cancel button.
- You will find it at the bottom of your ticket.
- When you click on the cancel button, it will ask for your confirmation.
- Follow the prompts and click on confirm to cancel it.
- Pay for the cancellation charges if applicable on your flight.
- You will get an email notification stating that your flight has been canceled.
If you want to avoid contacting them via online mode, you can get the help of their customer service to cancel your flight. For the offline mode, you must take the following steps:
- Go to the website of Air Canada on your browser.
- Look for the Customer support option.
- Please dial their number, 1-888-247-2262.
- After a while, you will get the IVR commands. The commands are as follows:
- Press 1 for the language selection.
- Press 2 for the existing reservations.
- Press 3 for the new reservations.
- Press 4 for more options.
- Press 9 to speak to their agent.
- You can complete the IVR instructions and press 9 to get them on the phone line.
- Please provide them with your flight information and ask them to cancel your flight.
- Pay the cancellation fee and customer service charge, and your flight ticket will be canceled.
Does Air Canada Offer 24-hour cancellation?
Yes, Air Canada offers a 24-hour cancellation policy. According to their 24-hour cancellation policy, if you want to cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking, they will cancel it free of cost. The amount will be refunded to your original payment method. Or they will cancel the transaction, and your amount will reflect in your bank account. However, this policy is applicable only if your trip is longer than a week. Otherwise, the cancellation charges are applicable.
How Much is The Cancellation Fee for Air Canada?
In the first 24 hours of booking, the cancellation fee is not applicable on all ticket types. After 24 hours, different cabins are charged an additional amount as a cancellation fee, which is stated below:
After 24 hours, basic economy passengers cannot cancel their flight.
Standard ticket type:
- If more than 61 days are left for the flight departure, around 25$ is charged.
- If 60 or less than 60 days are left for flight departure, pay 100$.
Flex ticket type:
- When more than 61 days are left for flight departure, around 25$ is paid.
- Then cancellation fee when 60 or less than 60 days are left for the trip, you must pay 50$.
Business and premium economy passengers are not charged any cancellation fee at any point of their flight cancellation.
If you cancel your flight on the same day of the trip, 150-200$ is paid as a cancellation fee.
- Can I cancel my flight ticket and get a refund?
- How can I cancel my flight ticket online?
- How many days before can I cancel my air ticket?
- How many days before can you cancel a flight?
- Is it free to cancel a plane ticket?
- How much does it cost to cancel flight ticket?
- How can I cancel my flight without cancellation fee?
- Is it better to cancel or reschedule a flight?
- What are the ticket cancellation rules?
Disclaimer: Flieves is an independent online travel portal with no third-party association. We are working as a travel company offering the best deal on a flight to our customers. If anyone has any problem regarding the company trademark, logo, or name, they can contact us through our ‘’Contact Us’’ page available on the website. The Logo and trademarks is just for the advertisement purpose we don't own it.